Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I had to share a funny story...

This is a story about my 13 year old Kristopher and what he has told people about me lately!! I was cracking up when I heard this so just had to share!

Monday night I explained to him that the Dr had put me on some restrictions and that I really had to take it easy and I would need his help. I explained to him that when you are pregnant your cervix is suppose to stay closed until you are ready to deliver and that they want to protect the babies if the cervix starts to do what they call dialate. I explained that I am 32 weeks pregnant and the dr would like the babies to stay put until 36 weeks, but that I am already starting to dialate and I am a 1 1/2. I told him that to deliver you have to dialate to a 10. So I tried to show him with my hands an example of what I am and what you have to be. Maybe it was to much info, but he's gotta know in the future anyway when his wife starts having babies so what the heck why not expain it now right?? He's old enough to understand!!

Ok so yesterday we go to Dollar General after school because I need some Dog food and tylenol pm, so Kristopher and his friend Craig go in for me to pick this up. Well Craig comes out and says they don't want to sell the tylenol pm to them, he said Kristopher was explaining to them about me so hopefully they would sell it. Soon after out comes Kristopher with the merchandise. He gets in the car and explains that he tried to tell the lady how I was on bed rest and that I was starting to get bigger "down there" and I couldn't get out of the car!! I about died!! He said I couldn't remember what it was called though mom. I can just see him in there trying to explain it to her. He said I didn't want to have to come out and tell you that you had to come in because I knew then that wouldn't be pretty at all!! LOL Think he knows how I can be sometimes? LOL It was to funny!!

THEN today I was talking to a friend from work, well two friends from work acutally and they both said they heard I was on bedrest. I asked how one had heard and she said our big boss told her and the other said that Kristopher told her at school (I work at Kristophers school) she said he came through and she asked how I was and he said that I was on bedrest and that my I was opening up "down there" ROFL my boss was standing there and asked "her cervix" and he said yeah yeah thats it. LOL It just cracks me up to think of my 13 yr old son talking about me "opening up"!! Maybe I shouldn't have explained the details of it!!

So I just had to share I thought grandma would get a kick out of her oldest grandson and so would the rest of you!! :-)

3 comments:

The Dixons said...

OMGosh that is priceless!! I can just see him trying to explain that!! I am rolling here!!! That is just too funny!!

JAMIE'S CREW said...

OMG! my singleton son will turn 14 in a week - I can't imagine having that conversation with him. However, I think your son did pretty well for himself. It sounds like he took it in stride and was comfortable with the information. Good job!

Mama B said...

OMG that is hilarious!!!!