Monday, July 23, 2007

Update as of today

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile!! I have been totally exhausted lately. I had been staying up until 2am now I am lucky to make it to 9 or 9:30. I just can't keep my eyes open. I don't remember things kicking in this early before. My stomach has been a mess off and on. Sometimes I will feel fine, and others I am doing my deep breathing to keep everything down where it needs to be. This is about the time the nausea kicked in with the twins I carried. But I don't remember being this sleepy. But that was three years ago, and I can't remember what I did yesterday.

Our first beta that we had was 22 that was 5dp5dt well our next one was 10dp5dt and that one had JUMPED to 403 we were SHOCKED I thought for SURE it was only one with the 22 on day 5 we were expecting it to come back around 132. So when the nurse called I almost fell out of my chair as my husband screamed I TOLD YOU!!! :-) He was convienced I would have multiples. You will see his opinion of how many below after we received the latest numbers. So on day 12dp5dt it went up to 760 which wasn't a crazy jump considering they had multiplied every 26 hours with those first two numbers and now it was every 56 or something like that. WELL then read on to see what our next numbers were last week!!!

Our next set of beta numbers came back thursday last week. I am going every week on Thursdays for another beta and progesterone done. Well if you remember my beta the week before on 12dp5dt was 760 so if they had doubled like they "say" they should every 48 hours then on FRIDAY it should have been 11,000 give or take a few. SO on THURSDAY the day before they should have been 11,000 they were 16,111!!!!!! My husband keeps saying its triplets and so do a few others. I like to think ONE VERY HEALTHY HALF GROWN BABY!! :-) Oh course realistically I know its twins. They swear trips but the chances of one splitting are so slim, I try not to think that way. I just can't make myself think its more than twins. The twins were SO hard for me to carry. I can't imagine if it were more than that. I am 5'4 and 115pds. No itty bitty but a small torso. The twins were 7lbs a piece and 19 inches. I carried them to 38 weeks and then they were evicted by my OB with pitocin. They would still be in there if he hadn't taken them!! :-)

We have our U/S on August 8th. Kristina and Pierre want to be here for it and thats when it worked out with their vacation and traveling schedule. So we are waiting a little longer than normal to have our first u/s. Usually with IVF we would be getting it this week 6 + weeks. I am 6 weeks today. Thats one thing that stinks about IVF is that you know SO early on that you are pregnant an the pregnancy takes FOREVER !!! Anybody out there know what I mean??? I love being pregnant and eating whatever I want and not caring but man that 40 weeks seems to never come!! The joy of surrogacy is seeing the baby/ies in mommy and daddys arms, thats the whole reason any Surrogate does this and that reward is more than anyone could ever imagine. Its the most beautiful site you will ever seen, and you want that so bad it makes the time go by even slower!!

Well nothing else to exciting going on around here. Kristopher is at his dads for the week so I am pretty bored these day. I am blessed though I do get to lay around allot since I am not working during the summer. Come time to go back to work its going to be rough having to get back on a schedule!! :-) Can anyone push school back a few months this year??? :-)

2 comments:

Mama B said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. What you are doing is absolutely amazing! My brother and his wife cannot have children so they are doing surrogant. My sister is going to do it for them. Our family is sooo excited and looking forward to the journey!

Mama B said...

I will definitely keep you updated!!! I will check back on your blog also!!!